Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard providers often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with one-piece products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over the seasons, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different contractors, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutter systems besides their own products.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as pine needles, grit from shingles, small particles, and leaves, can build up and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard providers typically provide warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get a whole gutter system with guards installed, screen different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses provide a bundled quote for full gutter installation. Others invoice separately for work such as fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different service offerings and expertise levels. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company that has expertise with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: The combination of summer storms and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. A number of top providers provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for an all-inclusive warranty plan for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing:Gutter guard providers might have to maintain business licensing according to Massachusetts and Lynn regulations. They should also have workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Contact your local government to learn more about what's required, and confirm a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to judge a home services company is to read customer feedback. Look at the company's profile on Google Reviews, social media, Better Business Bureau, Yelp, and Trustpilot to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative feedback, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $414 and $3,563 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter time of year, accessibility, home size, and length and width determine pricing for the project.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Lynn. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, measure or estimate your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Material||Cost per foot|
|Stainless steel micro-mesh||$5|
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Lynn
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle any size of debris?
What are some issues I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.