Common Types of Air Conditioners
By understanding which type of air conditioner you have, you'll feel more confident in your company search. Lynn HVAC contractors have experience with different AC makes and models, and they can tailor their skills to your needs.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name suggests, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're preferred for apartments, condos, or individual rooms.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering consistent, precise temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to various rooms in your home.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and multiple interior units, with no ductwork required. They offer higher energy efficiency, flexible installation options, and individual room temperature control.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Lynn condos, apartments, and townhomes. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling single rooms and small spaces, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users deploy their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They provide silent operation, greater energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
How to Choose Your Lynn AC Repair Service
You likely want a quick solution for your air conditioner's problem. However, before signing up with a repair company, it's important to take the time to research if they're ideal for your dwelling. Here are a few essential steps to follow.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
The Massachusetts Office of Public Safety and Inspections issues Refrigeration Technician licenses to crew members and Refrigeration Contractor licenses to business owners. Each crew member must meet specific hour requirements for training and practical experience. They must also carry a high school diploma/GED and Universal CFC certification to apply.
You should also confirm a company has sufficient liability coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if mishaps arise during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Read customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB recognizes contractors that resolve complaints professionally and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair providers to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a company if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We recommend getting at least three different estimates to find the best value. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about emergency repair availability, installer guarantees, permitting fees and manufacturer warranties.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Lynn
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in Lynn?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
How do I know if my air conditioning system needs repair?
How often should Lynn homeowners have their AC systems serviced?
What month is best for getting an air conditioner replaced?
How quickly can an HVAC company in Lynn respond to emergency repair requests?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.