Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard companies offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also clean and fix other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. Some national gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation with their products. Stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. Companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a two-story or taller home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Standing water, debris, and rapid temperature changes can make gutters less effective. Ask each company about different repair plans and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as small particles, leaves, grit from shingles, and pine needles, can collect and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to perform the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard providers typically provide warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want an entire gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will quote a single price for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for gutter cleaning, gutter guard installation, maintenance services, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies provide different services and have varying skill levels. Select a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: Over time, summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Many top providers have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a solid warranty plan.
- Licensing:Gutter guard providers might have to maintain business licensing according to Massachusetts and Lowell regulations. They should also carry workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Contact your local government to learn more about what's required, and confirm a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for assessing any home services company. Sites such as Google Reviews, the Better Business Bureau, social media, Trustpilot, and Yelp provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $413 and $3,561 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter time of year, home size, length and width, and accessibility determine pricing for the project.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Lowell. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Material||Cost per foot|
|Stainless steel micro-mesh||$5|
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Lowell
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I can encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.