Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete suite of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and fix other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
Most gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature easy DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter include installation services. Two high-quality gutter guard options include fine stainless steel mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to damaged, less effective gutters. Ask each company about its repair policies and packages. Some contractors won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Most Framingham residents dislike gutter cleaning, but it's still critical to do it at least twice a year. When shingle grit, small particles, pine needles, or leaves accumulate, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a mildly sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Warranties differ between gutter guard companies, and may cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a defined time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with an integrated system, it's crucial to pre-screen each company on your shortlist. Look over the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will quote package deals for comprehensive gutter installation, while others charge individually for gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different offerings and levels of expertise. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company that has expertise with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Downpours in the summer and ice dams in the winter can wear on your gutter system over time. Many top providers offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a competitive warranty plan your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Massachusetts may have to hold workers comp coverage, business licenses, and liability insurance according to local regulations. Reach out to the Framingham government to learn specifics, and ensure that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to assess a home services company is to read customer comments. Look at the company's profile on Yelp, Trustpilot, social media, Better Business Bureau, and Google Reviews to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative reviews, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $413 to $3,561 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your roof, foundation, and fascia from water damage. Variables such as gutter accessibility, home size, length and width, and time of year will determine the total project cost.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Framingham. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, determine your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Framingham
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.