Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard companies often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive service agreement.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. A few nationwide gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation with their products. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, end caps, downspouts, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to damaged, less effective gutters. Ask each provider about its repair policies and packages. Some contractors won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Most homeowners aren't fond of gutter cleaning, but it's essential to do it at least two times a year. Debris, such as shingle grit, leaves, and pine needles, can build up and cause more nagging issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer regular cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard installers have different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, typically 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get a whole gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses quote an all-inclusive price for full gutter installation. Others charge separately for work such as fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different level of expertise. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that matches what services you need.
- Guarantees: Summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system over time. Numerous companies offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a warranty that thoroughly covers your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Maryland or Germantown might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for screening any home services company. Sites such as Yelp, the Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, social media, and Trustpilot provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $426 and $3,628. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your roof, foundation, and fascia. Factors such as gutter length and width, home size, accessibility, and time of year impact the final quoted price.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Germantown. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, determine your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Germantown
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I might encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.