Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above providers offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include gutter cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive service agreement.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although most gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. A few nationwide gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation with their products. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, hangers, downspouts, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Debris buildup over time can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most homeowners aren't fond of gutter cleaning, but it's critical to do it at least twice a year. Debris, such as pine needles, shingle grit, and leaves, can build up and cause more nagging issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard companies, and may cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are frequently longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a set time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get an entire gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses give a package rate for full gutter installation. Others bill individually for work such as gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different service offerings and levels of expertise. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company experienced with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Downpours in the summer and ice dams in the winter can wear on your gutter system over time. Numerous companies offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a competitive warranty plan your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Maryland may have to maintain business licenses, workers comp coverage, and liability insurance according to local regulations. Contact the Dundalk government to learn specifics, and ensure that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer ratings to see how other homeowners rated their experience. Platforms such as the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, Trustpilot, Google Reviews, and social media can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $362 and $3,303 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your foundation, fascia, and roof, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter length and width, accessibility, home size, and time of year determine pricing for the project.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Dundalk. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your measurement.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Dundalk
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I can encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.