Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer a number of services to help your furnace work at maximum efficiency. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
A timely repair restores the furnace's function, extends its life span, and optimizes energy efficiency. Furnace repair companies can diagnose and fix a number of issues, including broken blower motors, clogged air filters, and malfunctioning thermostats. Qualified HVAC technicians are also experienced in tackling problems such as possible gas leaks, damaged heat exchangers, malfunctioning thermostats, and faulty ignitions. Furnace experts can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and ensuring all components function properly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You may need a new system if yours is at the end of its life or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option like a heat pump. Your technician first assesses your home's layout and heating needs before recommending the right furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Your HVAC professional can integrate a new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. They're trained to follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To ensure everything is running optimally, your technician will complete a final inspection after installation.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, schedule a thorough inspection through a furnace repair provider. A technician will examine each of the furnace's components to identify possible issues. Inspections normally include testing the thermostat's accuracy, inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, and cleaning and replacing air filters. The technician verifies the heating system's efficiency and safety, making necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular yearly furnace tune-ups facilitate peak performance, help avoid possible breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters.
Some furnace repair providers also have emergency services. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during the colder months, emergency services can have it up and running again as soon as possible. Furnace failure can cause serious discomfort and health risks due to decreased indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown occurs during extreme weather and you're unable to open windows for fresh air. Emergency services might be more expensive than a scheduled service, but it's worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Dundalk Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for hiring a local Dundalk furnace repair service. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Look for transparent and competitive pricing, and make sure you find a company that offers all the services you need. We recommend comparing multiple Dundalk furnace repair providers. Beware of ones that offer extremely low rates, as many use subpar replacement parts and low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Look into the warranties or guarantees offered by the furnace repair provider. A reliable company should back its work with guarantees on repairs and replacement parts. This assurance gives you peace of mind knowing you can rely on your service provider if issues arise post-repair.
- Licensing: HVAC contractors in Maryland may have either a journeyman, limited, master restricted, or master license from the Maryland Board of HVACR. Hiring a properly licensed and certified furnace repair provider is essential to ensure that your technician is qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively.
- Qualifications: Ask about the qualifications and experience of a furnace repair company. You want technicians that are trained and experienced in working on various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training programs to verify that technicians are educated on the latest industry standards.
- Reputation and reviews: Browse online reviews and customer testimonials to get an idea of a provider's reputation. Generally positive feedback is indicative of quality services. You can also confirm a company's commitment to customer satisfaction by looking at how it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair varies depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit you have, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. Your final price may vary, but expect to spend an average of $461 on furnace repair. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $83–$417
- Cleaning: $50–$67
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,667–$2,918
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$125
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$92
- Filter change: $33–$125
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Dundalk
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.