Common Types of Air Conditioners
By understanding which type of air conditioner you have, you'll feel more empowered in your company search. Clinton HVAC contractors have experience with different AC makes and models, and they can adapt their skills to your needs.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one inside and one outside. They offer peaceful operation, improved energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name suggests, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're preferred for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and one or more indoor units, with no ductwork required. They offer individual room temperature control, flexible installation options, and higher energy efficiency.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering consistent, precise temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools air from outside, purifies it, and sends it through ducts to various rooms in your home.
- Window-mounted ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Clinton townhomes, apartments, and condos. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling small spaces and single rooms, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users deploy their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
How to Choose Your Clinton AC Repair Service
With Clinton's extreme heat, AC problems are urgent to fix for your comfort and safety. However, don't race to sign a contract until you know a company is the best fit for you. We recommend following these steps in your research.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Maryland HVAC contractors need licensure from the Board of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) Contractors. A master license requires three years of journeyman experience, 1,875 hours of HVAC work performed in the last year, and a comprehensive trade exam.
You should also confirm a company has sufficient liability coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if accidents happen during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Find customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB recognizes contractors that resolve complaints professionally and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair companies to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a provider if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
Obtain at least three detailed, written estimates from different providers for the best value. A good estimate should list additional fees such as permitting costs. You should also ask about installer guarantees, the emergency repair process, and manufacturer warranties.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Clinton
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in Clinton?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
What are some signs that I should call an HVAC repair company?
How often should Clinton homeowners have their AC systems serviced?
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
How long is my air conditioner's lifespan? When should I consider a replacement?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.