Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above companies offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include gutter cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards demand professional installation, others have straightforward DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services as part of their packages. If you're installing new gutters, consider aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Some gutter guard installers offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which company you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Standing water, debris, and extreme temperature changes can make gutters less effective. Ask each provider about different repair packages and policies as you get quotes. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most homeowners dread gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it regularly. Debris, such as pine needles, leaves, and shingle grit, can build up and cause more severe issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard companies typically offer warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to a complete seamless gutter system, assess your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors give a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for fascia board replacement, gutter cleaning, and gutter guard installation.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different levels of expertise based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what services you need.
- Guarantees: Over time, summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Many top providers have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a solid warranty plan.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Maryland may have to hold business licenses, workers comp coverage, and liability insurance according to local regulations. Contact the Bethesda government to learn specifics, and ensure that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Trustpilot, Google Reviews, social media, Better Business Bureau, and Yelp are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $426 to $3,628 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your roof, foundation, and fascia from water damage. Variables such as gutter length and width, accessibility, time of year, and home size will determine the total project cost.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Bethesda. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Bethesda
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I can encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.