Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair provider offers various services to help your system work effectively. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs not only restore your furnace's function, they also extend its lifespan and optimize energy efficiency. Your furnace repair provider can diagnose and repair a number of issues, including broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, and clogged air filters. Qualified HVAC technicians also have the expertise to tackle problems such as malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, and possible gas leaks. Furnace experts can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and ensuring all components function properly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if your furnace is beyond repair, or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, skilled technicians assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, they recommend a suitable furnace model based on your budget and home requirements. HVAC technicians follow safety protocols and standards set by the industry to ensure correct furnace replacement and connection. They will also integrate a new system with your existing thermostats and air ducts. After installation, the company performs one last inspection to ensure the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
If you find that your furnace isn’t turning on, a furnace repair company will likely recommend a thorough inspection to identify possible problems. This will involve a technician examining each of the furnace's components. The inspection typically includes inspecting the burner and ignition system, testing the thermostat's accuracy, cleaning and replacing air filters, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. Annual inspections like this facilitate optimal heating system performance, help avoid possible breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters. A technician will verify your system's efficiency and safety while making any needed repairs.
Some furnace repair providers offer emergency services. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during the colder months, emergency services can have it up and running as soon as possible. Furnace failure can lead to discomfort and serious health risks from the reduced indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown occurs during extreme weather and you're unable to open windows for fresh air. Emergency services might cost more than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Bethesda Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations to keep in mind when selecting a local Bethesda furnace repair provider. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Look for a company that provides all the services you need, and that offers transparent and competitive pricing. Compare multiple Bethesda furnace repair providers. Avoid ones with extremely low rates, as many employ low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair company about any guarantees or warranties it offers. Reliable companies offer these guarantees to protect customers if any issues arise post-repair. Guarantees may cover both parts and workmanship.
- Licensing: HVAC contractors in Maryland may have either a journeyman, limited, master restricted, or master license from the Maryland Board of HVACR. It's important to hire a furnace repair provider that is properly licensed and certified to ensure that your technician is qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively.
- Qualifications: Learn about the qualifications and experience of a furnace repair company. You want technicians that are well-trained and experienced at working on various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training programs to confirm that technicians are up to date on current industry standards.
- Reputation and reviews: Browse online testimonials and reviews to get a feel for a company's reputation. Mostly positive reviews are indicative of quality services. You can also verify a company's commitment to customer satisfaction by seeing how it addresses complaints and other negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
A number of factors influence the cost of furnace repair. These include the type of HVAC unit, extent of the damage, and cost of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs $465 on average, although the prices can vary depending on your situation. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $84–$419
- Cleaning: $50–$67
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,676–$2,933
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$126
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$92
- Filter change: $34–$126
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Bethesda
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.