Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can employ a local furnace repair provider for a number of services that help your furnace run efficiently. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Professional and timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair companies can diagnose and fix most common furnace issues. These include clogged air filters, malfunctioning thermostats, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, and possible gas leaks. Furnace repair professionals can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and ensuring that all components work correctly.
HVAC companies can help you install a new furnace if yours is past repair. An expert can also help you upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for your requirements and budget. Your HVAC technician can integrate a new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts. They're trained on industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. Post-installation, your technician will do a final inspection to make sure your furnace runs efficiently.
If you notice your furnace isn’t turning on, your furnace repair company will probably recommend a thorough inspection to identify possible causes. This will involve a technician examining each of the furnace's components. Inspections normally include inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, testing the thermostat's accuracy, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. Yearly inspections of this type encourage optimal heating system performance, help prevent possible breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters. A technician will verify your system's efficiency and safety and make any needed repairs.
Some furnace repair companies also have emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during the colder months, emergency services can get it up and running as quickly as possible. When your furnace fails in extreme weather conditions, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can lead to serious discomfort and health risks from poor indoor air quality. Though emergency services will cost more than scheduled services, it’s worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Baltimore Furnace Repair Service
You should consider several factors when hiring a local Baltimore furnace repair service. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: We recommend comparing several Baltimore furnace repair providers to look for the best prices and service offerings. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but stay away from companies that offer extremely low rates. These providers may make up the difference with low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Look into the warranties or guarantees offered by the furnace repair provider. A trustworthy company should back its work with guarantees on parts and repair work. This gives you peace of mind knowing you can rely on the service provider if issues arise post-repair.
- Licensing: Verify that your furnace repair provider has all necessary licenses and certifications. This ensures that all technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. HVAC contractors in Maryland may have either a journeyman, limited, master restricted, or master license from the Maryland Board of HVACR.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Your provider should employ technicians that are well-trained and have experience with various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training policies to make sure they're up to date on industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Check online testimonials and reviews from previous customers to get a sense of a company's reputation. It's important to look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but you should also pay attention to how it addresses negative reviews and complaints. This can reveal a lot about a provider's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but expect to spend an average of $695 on furnace repair. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $111–$557
- Cleaning: $67–$89
- Cracked heat exchanger: $2,229–$3,900
- Damaged blower bearings: $33–$167
- Damaged blower belt: $33–$123
- Filter change: $45–$167
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Baltimore
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.