Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard companies often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repair, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive service agreement.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards require professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services as part of their packages. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Some gutter guard companies offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer "one-piece" systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which provider you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, hangers, downspouts, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over time, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different companies, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutters besides their own products.
Most homeowners dislike gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it at least two times a year. Debris, such as leaves, shingle grit, and pine needles, can build up and cause more nagging issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer routine cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard companies, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are frequently longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a defined time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or need an entire gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors quote a package deal for complete gutter installation. Others bill individually for gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different offerings and levels of expertise. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company experienced with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Heavy rains in summer and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. A number of top providers provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for an all-inclusive warranty plan for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to obtain licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, get in touch with your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, verify a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also verify a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for assessing any home services company. Sites such as the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, social media, Trustpilot, and Google Reviews provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $366 to $3,323 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your roof, fascia, and foundation from water damage. Variables such as gutter length and width, home size, time of year, and accessibility will determine the total project cost.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in New Orleans. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in New Orleans
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I can run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.