Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair companies provide various services to ensure your furnace works effectively and efficiently. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore furnace function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair experts are trained to handle broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, and more. Your technician can help diagnose and repair problems like these to keep your furnace running efficiently. A qualified HVAC technician can also assist with issues such as malfunctioning thermostats, damaged heat exchangers, possible gas leaks, or faulty ignitions. Furnace repair professionals can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This might involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and ensuring all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can also help you install a new furnace. You may need a new system if yours is beyond repair or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient option such as a heat pump. Your technician will first assess your home's layout and heating needs before recommending the best furnace model for your budget and home requirements. HVAC technicians follow safety protocols and standards set by the industry to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. They also integrate a new system with existing thermostats and air ducts. After installation, the company performs a final inspection to confirm that the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, schedule a thorough inspection with a furnace repair company. A technician will examine each component of your furnace to look for possible problems. The inspection usually includes testing the thermostat's accuracy, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, inspecting the burner and ignition system, and cleaning and replacing air filters. Your technician will verify the heating system's efficiency and safety while making the necessary repairs or adjustments. Routine, annual furnace tune-ups ensure optimal performance, help avoid potential breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters.
Emergency furnace repair services help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or other safety concerns. Many companies offer these 24/7 services to get your system back up and running promptly. Furnace failure can cause serious discomfort and health risks from the decreased indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather and you can't open windows for fresh air. Emergency services might be more expensive than a scheduled service, but it's worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Louisville Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for hiring a local Louisville furnace repair provider. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Look for transparent and competitive pricing, and make sure you find a company that offers all the services you need. We recommend comparing multiple Louisville furnace repair providers. Avoid ones that offer extremely low rates, as they may employ low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Reputable furnace repair companies should provide warranties or guarantees on their parts and workmanship. Companies that back their work this way offer you peace of mind should something go wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair provider holds all the necessary licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Kentucky must hold an apprentice, journeyman, or master contractor license from the Kentucky Division of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. Proper licensing helps ensure that technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. A company should employ well-trained technicians who have experience working with various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training policies to ensure they stay on top of the latest industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer testimonials and other online reviews often paint a picture of a company's reputation and focus on customer satisfaction. Choose a company with overall positive reviews while paying attention to how it addresses complaints and negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Certain factors influence the cost of furnace repair. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and cost of replacement parts. On average, furnace repair costs $440, though the prices can vary depending on the details. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $81–$404
- Cleaning: $48–$65
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,616–$2,827
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$121
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$89
- Filter change: $32–$121
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Louisville
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.