Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above providers offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include cleaning and repairs, covered by a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services with their products. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home is multi-story.
Standing water, debris, and rapid temperature changes can damage gutters. Ask each company about different repair packages and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they mounted themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are essential to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as leaves, pine needles, grit from shingles, and small particles, can collect and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to perform the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard installers offer different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, commonly 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get a whole gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will charge a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, maintenance services, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different experience level. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that aligns with what services you need.
- Guarantees: Downpours in the summer and ice dams in the winter can wear on your gutter system over time. Many top providers offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a warranty that thoroughly covers your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Kentucky may have to hold liability insurance, workers comp coverage, and business licenses according to local regulations. Reach out to the Bowling Green government to learn specifics, and verify that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to evaluate a home services company is to read customer reviews. Look at the company's profile on Better Business Bureau, Yelp, social media, Google Reviews, and Trustpilot to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative ratings, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $329 to $3,136. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your roof, foundation, and fascia will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter accessibility, home size, length and width, and time of year impact the total pricing.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Bowling Green. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Bowling Green
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop any size of debris?
What are some problems I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.