Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Bowling Green
A home in Bowling Green might experience foundation issues for multiple reasons. Some are unique to the local environment, while others are common nationwide. They include:
- Soil composition: Soil with large clay or sand concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Bowling Green receives, the soil soaks up moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction stresses nearby foundations, even if the foundations keep dry.
- Aging plumbing: While many Bowling Green homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leaking water could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Standing water: Pooling water around your home can harm your foundation's integrity, especially when it collects in areas your gutters don't cover.
- Improper modifications: Landscaping or roofing work that wasn't done to standard could lead to your foundation settling.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Your home's integrity weighs heavily on its foundation. It's crucial to choose the top professionals possible. Center your research on these attributes:
Licensing and Experience
While the Commonwealth of Kentucky doesn't issue state contracting licenses, this doesn't make foundation repair companies exempt from local requirements. Different cities and counties each have their own licenses and standards. Before you begin contacting companies, we encourage you to speak with your local building department about requirements and regulations. Talk to staff to gain additional insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local permit ordinances, inspection processes and building codes.
Contractor websites are some of the best places to do your research. Typically, a business will discuss how long it's been in business. It might also publish articles to help potential clients.
We recommend reviewing the company's Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile to find out whether it's accredited and has a good customer review score. You can see whether other homeowners have expressed satisfaction or filed complaints. Pay special attention to what customers say about company warranties. Complaints don't mean a contractor is unreliable. BBB reviews show how the company handled complaints. It's a good sign if the company has resolved issues proactively and appropriately. You should steer clear of a company with more negative reviews, no accreditation, and no communication regarding issues.
Foundation Repair Cost in Bowling Green
The price of foundation repair can range widely depending on the severity of the issues and what must be fixed. For minor foundation cracking and settling problems, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is significant deterioration, the normal cost is about $2,000. More complex projects requiring digging, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost $6,600+. See below the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Bowling Green
What will I pay to repair my foundation in Bowling Green?
Can a foundation always be fixed?
What's the time to complete a typical foundation repair job?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Make sure your home's gutters and downspouts are properly installed and direct water away from your foundation to prevent water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation evenly, especially during dry spells, to prevent shrinking and expansion.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to angle away from your foundation, encouraging water drainage and minimizing the risk of foundation issues.
- Inspect your foundation for cracks, and fix any issues immediately.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.