Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above providers provide a complete range of services. Extras such as cleaning and repair services are often included in a comprehensive maintenance plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards demand professional installation, others have straightforward DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services as part of their packages. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Some gutter guard installers offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer "one-piece" systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which brand you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, end caps, downspouts, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and best results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Standing water, debris, and rapid temperature changes can make gutters less effective. Ask each provider about different repair options and policies as you get quotes. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they mounted themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are a must to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as grit from shingles, small particles, pine needles, and leaves, can accumulate and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to climb a ladder yourself.
Gutter guard companies offer different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, commonly 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get an entire gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will quote a single price for complete gutter installation. Others bill independently for maintenance services, gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different service offerings and expertise levels. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company that has expertise with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Downpours in the summer and ice dams in the winter can wear on your gutter system over time. Numerous companies offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a warranty that thoroughly covers your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Installers must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Kansas or Wichita might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Call your local government to learn more about specific requirements and confirm a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for evaluating any home services company. Sites such as Trustpilot, Google Reviews, the Better Business Bureau, social media, and Yelp provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $441 and $3,701 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your fascia, roof, and foundation, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter length and width, time of year, accessibility, and home size determine pricing for the project.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Wichita. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Wichita
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.