Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete suite of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and make repairs to other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services with their products. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a two-story or taller home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to leaky, less effective gutters. Ask each installer about its repair options and policies. Some contractors won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Most Topeka residents don't look forward to gutter cleaning, but it's still essential to do it at least twice a year. When leaves, pine needles, small particles, or shingle grit gather, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a low sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Warranties differ between gutter guard companies, and may cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a specified time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with a seamless system, it's crucial to vet each company on your shortlist. Review the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses give a package rate for full gutter installation. Others invoice separately for work such as fascia board replacement, gutter cleaning, and gutter guard installation. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different offerings and levels of expertise. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company experienced with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Downpours in the summer and ice dams in the winter can wear on your gutter system over time. Many top providers offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a competitive warranty plan your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing:Gutter guard providers might have to hold business licensing according to Kansas and Topeka regulations. They should also carry workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Contact your local government to learn more about what's required, and verify a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer reviews to see how other homeowners rated their service. Platforms such as Yelp, Trustpilot, social media, Google Reviews, and the Better Business Bureau can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $385 to $3,419. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter accessibility, length and width, home size, and time of year impact the total pricing.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Topeka. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Topeka
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I can encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.