Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair provider will offer various services to ensure your furnace runs efficiently. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs extend the furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, in addition to restoring furnace function. Furnace repair professionals can diagnose and repair any furnace issue, such as a malfunctioning thermostat, clogged air filter, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems like faulty ignitions, malfunctioning thermostats, damaged heat exchangers, or possible gas leaks. Furnace experts can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and making sure all components function properly.
Your HVAC provider can upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. If your system is beyond repair, they can also help install an entire new furnace. Your technician will start by assessing your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Your HVAC technician can integrate your new system with your existing air ducts and thermostat, and they should follow industry standards and safety protocol for proper furnace replacement and connection. Following installation, your technician will complete a final inspection to ensure your furnace runs properly.
Schedule an inspection through a furnace repair company if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. During the inspection, a technician will look at every component of your furnace to identify possible problems. Inspections typically include checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, inspecting the burner and ignition system, and cleaning and replacing air filters. Yearly inspections of this type facilitate optimal heating system performance, help avoid possible breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters. Your technician will verify your system's safety and efficiency while making the necessary repairs.
Emergency furnace repair services can help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or safety concerns. Many companies offer these around-the-clock services to get your system up and running promptly. Emergency services might cost more than scheduled services, but it's worth it to protect your health. If your furnace fails during extreme weather conditions, and you can't open windows for fresh air, it can lead to serious discomfort and health risks from decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Shawnee Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for selecting a local Shawnee furnace repair company. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Compare several Shawnee furnace repair companies to find the best service offerings and prices. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but avoid companies that quote extremely low rates. These providers often make up the difference with low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Guarantees and warranties provide peace of mind in case problems come up post-repair. Reliable furnace repair providers should stand behind their work with guarantees or warranties for both their workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair company holds the required local and state licenses and certifications. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. In Kansas, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government.
- Qualifications: Inquire about a company's training policies as well as its technicians' experience. Companies that promote ongoing training are more likely to have technicians that are up to date on the latest repair techniques. You want a company that employs well-trained technicians who are experienced in working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: Read online testimonials and reviews to learn more about a provider's reputation. Overall positive reviews are indicative of quality services. You can also verify a company's commitment to customer satisfaction by seeing how it addresses complaints and other negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
A number of factors influence the cost of furnace repair. These include the type of HVAC unit, extent of the damage, and price of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs $457 on average, though the prices can vary depending on the details. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $83–$414
- Cleaning: $50–$66
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,656–$2,898
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$124
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$91
- Filter change: $33–$124
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Shawnee
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.