Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair companies provide a number of services to keep your furnace working effectively and efficiently. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs help extend your furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, on top of restoring furnace function. Furnace repair experts can diagnose and fix most common furnace issues. These include malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as malfunctioning thermostats, damaged heat exchangers, faulty ignitions, and possible gas leaks. Furnace repair professionals can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and ensuring all components function correctly.
HVAC providers can help you install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair. An expert can also help with upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for your requirements and budget. Professional HVAC technicians are trained in industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate a new system with your existing air ducts and thermostats. They'll complete one last inspection after installation to ensure your furnace is running optimally.
If you notice your furnace isn’t turning on, your furnace repair company will probably recommend a thorough inspection to identify potential problems. This process involves a technician examining each of the furnace's components. Inspections typically include examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, cleaning and replacing air filters, inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and testing the thermostat's accuracy. The technician verifies the heating system's safety and efficiency while making the necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular yearly furnace tune-ups encourage optimal performance, help prevent potential breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters.
Some furnace repair providers offer emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during the colder months, emergency services can get it up and running again as soon as possible. When a furnace fails in extreme weather conditions, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can pose discomfort and serious health risks due to poor indoor air quality. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but it’s worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Overland Park Furnace Repair Service
You should consider several factors when selecting a local Overland Park furnace repair company. We go over some important considerations below.
- Cost: Compare multiple Overland Park furnace repair companies to look for the best prices and service offerings. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but stay away from companies that quote extremely low rates. These providers often make up the difference with low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Reputable furnace repair providers should offer warranties or guarantees on their parts and workmanship. Providers that back their work this way offer you peace of mind if something goes wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the appropriate licenses and certifications. In Kansas, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government. Proper licensing ensures that technicians are qualified to safely handle furnace repairs.
- Qualifications: Learn about the qualifications and experience of a furnace repair company. You want technicians that are trained and experienced in working with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about company training programs to confirm that technicians are up to date on current industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: Check online reviews and customer testimonials to get an idea of a provider's reputation. Generally positive feedback is indicative of quality services. You can also verify a company's commitment to customer satisfaction by seeing how it addresses complaints and other negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Furnace repair costs are based on several factors. These include HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The average homeowner pays around $391 for furnace repair, though your final price may vary. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $75–$374
- Cleaning: $45–$60
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,498–$2,621
- Damaged blower bearings: $22–$112
- Damaged blower belt: $22–$82
- Filter change: $30–$112
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Overland Park
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.