Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard companies often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Some gutter guard providers offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which brand you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over the seasons, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different companies, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutters besides their own products.
Most homeowners dislike gutter cleaning, but it's essential to do it regularly. Debris, such as shingle grit, leaves, and pine needles, can build up and cause more nagging issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer routine cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard providers typically include warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with a seamless system, it's crucial to vet each company on your shortlist. Review the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors give a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others bill individually for gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different experience level. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that aligns with what services you need.
- Guarantees: Over time, the combination of summer rainstorms and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Many top providers have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a competitive warranty.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Kansas may have to maintain workers comp coverage, liability insurance, and business licenses according to local regulations. Reach out to the Olathe government to learn specifics, and ensure that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for evaluating any home services company. Sites such as Yelp, social media, Google Reviews, the Better Business Bureau, and Trustpilot provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $417 and $3,580. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your foundation, roof, and fascia. Factors such as gutter length and width, home size, time of year, and accessibility impact the final quoted price.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Olathe. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding per-foot rate.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Olathe
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.