Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Lenexa
Foundation issues have some possible causes. Here are the most prevalent ones for Lenexa residents:
- Aging plumbing: While many Lenexa homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start eroding, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Standing water: Standing water around your home can be a menace to your foundation's integrity, especially when it collects in areas your drainage system doesn't protect.
- Improper modifications: Landscaping or roofing work that wasn't performed to standard could lead to your foundation settling.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can enter a home's foundation through cracks, and may apply force that results in your foundation breaking, pipes rupturing, and overall structural deterioration.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
When choosing a foundation repair company, you should consider your personal priorities. Ask each contractor on your list about the following qualities.
Licensing and Experience
Kansas is one of many states that don't issue contracting licenses. Instead, cities and counties have the authority to license and regulate contractors. To learn more about specific foundation repair company qualifications where you live, contact your local building department. You can also get a sense of a company's experience through the details its representatives share. Ask about its inspection processes, local code requirements, permit-pulling procedures, and fees.
Another way to measure a company's standing is to look at its website. There, you can learn how long it's been in business and its trade accreditations. It might also share knowledge and insights through blog posts, podcasts, or videos.
We recommend checking the company's Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile to find out whether it's accredited and has a positive customer review score. You can see whether other homeowners have reported satisfaction or filed complaints. Pay special attention to what customers say about company warranties. Remember that complaints don't necessarily mean a contractor is incompetent. The BBB shows how companies address complaints. A responsive team that works toward excellent outcomes is a good one. Avoid a contractor if you don't see effective communication about problems.
Foundation Repair Cost in Lenexa
The price of foundation repair can differ quite significantly depending on the extent of the issues and what's necessary to resolve them. For minor foundation cracking and settling concerns, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is substantial deterioration, the normal cost lands at about $2,600. More complex projects involving tunneling, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost upwards of $6,800. Below are the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Lenexa
How much does foundation repair cost in Lenexa?
What are some signs I need foundation waterproofing?
Note that there are two kinds of waterproofing. Interior waterproofing involves installing sump pumps and drains or using sealants around a cellar. Outdoor waterproofing is generally less expensive. It involves installing exterior drains and establishing physical barriers between your foundation and lawn.
Do Lenexa foundation repair companies offer warranties or guarantees?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Ensure your home's gutters and downspouts are in good condition and direct water away from your foundation to avoid water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation evenly, especially during dry spells, to prevent expansion and shrinking.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to slope away from your foundation, promoting water drainage and minimizing the risk of foundation issues.
- Check your foundation for cracks, and repair any issues immediately.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.