Common Types of Air Conditioners
By understanding which type of air conditioner you have, you'll feel more confident in your provider search. Lenexa HVAC technicians have experience with different AC makes and models, and they can customize their skills to your needs.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Lenexa townhomes, condos, and apartments. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling small spaces and single rooms, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users set up their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Central AC: These are the most common residential AC systems, offering consistent, precise temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to different rooms in your home.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and one or more indoor units, with no ductwork required. They offer individual room temperature control, higher energy efficiency, and flexible installation options.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name hints, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're preferred for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one inside and one outside. They provide silent operation, greater energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
How to Choose Your Lenexa AC Repair Service
You likely want a quick solution for your air conditioner's problem. However, before hiring a repair company, it's important to do careful research to ensure it's the best for your home. Here are a few essential steps to follow.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
The Kansas government doesn't require individual or company licenses for HVAC technicians. However, this doesn't stop local governments from mandating licensure in their own jurisdictions. To learn more about requirements where you live, contact your local government.
You should also check a company has sufficient liability coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if mishaps arise during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Read customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB recognizes contractors that respond to complaints professionally and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair businesses to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a provider if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We advise getting at least three different quotes to find the best value. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about permitting fees, manufacturer warranties, installer guarantees and emergency repair availability.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Lenexa
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in Lenexa?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
What month is best for getting an air conditioner replaced?
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
How many years until I should replace my AC unit?
My HVAC problem is urgent. How quickly could a company respond?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.