Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer a number of services to help your furnace work at maximum efficiency. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs extend the furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, in addition to restoring furnace function. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and fix most common furnace issues. These include clogged air filters, malfunctioning thermostats, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as possible gas leaks, damaged heat exchangers, malfunctioning thermostats, and faulty ignitions. Furnace repair professionals can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and ensuring that all components work properly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair, or you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. First, skilled technicians assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, they recommend the most suitable furnace model based on your requirements and budget. A professional HVAC technician can integrate a new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. They're trained on industry safety protocols and standards to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To be sure everything runs optimally, your technician will complete a final inspection after installation.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, schedule a thorough inspection through a furnace repair company. A technician will examine each of the furnace's components to identify potential causes. Inspections usually include testing the thermostat's accuracy, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, cleaning and replacing air filters, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, and inspecting the burner and ignition system. The technician verifies the heating system's safety and efficiency, making necessary adjustments or repairs. Routine, annual furnace tune-ups ensure peak performance, help prevent possible breakdowns, and promote a safe living environment during cold winters.
Emergency furnace repair services are invaluable if your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night. Many companies offer 24/7 services to help get your furnace up and running as soon as possible. These services help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, and other safety concerns. Furnace failure can lead to serious discomfort and health risks from the reduced indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather and you can't open windows for fresh air. Emergency services may be more expensive than a scheduled service, but protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Lawrence Furnace Repair Service
You should consider several factors when selecting a local Lawrence furnace repair company. We go over some important considerations below.
- Cost: We recommend comparing multiple Lawrence furnace repair companies to look for the best prices and service offerings. Look for competitive, transparent pricing, but be wary of companies with extremely low rates. These providers may make up the difference with subpar replacement parts or low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Guarantees and warranties offer you peace of mind should problems come up after a repair. Trustworthy furnace repair companies should back their work with warranties or guarantees for both their workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: Verify that your furnace repair provider holds the required local and state licenses and certifications. Proper licensing ensures technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely. In Kansas, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Ideally, technicians will have appropriate training and expertise in various furnace makes and models. You can ask about ongoing training programs to ensure a provider is up to date with the latest repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Read online testimonials and reviews to get an idea of a company's reputation. Mostly positive reviews are indicative of quality services. You can also verify a company's commitment to customer satisfaction by seeing how it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair depends on a number of factors, such as the extent of the damage, the HVAC unit type, and the cost of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs an average of $398, but your total price depends on the situation. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $76–$379
- Cleaning: $45–$61
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,516–$2,653
- Damaged blower bearings: $23–$114
- Damaged blower belt: $23–$83
- Filter change: $30–$114
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Lawrence
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.