Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Lawrence
A few factors can lead to foundation issues. These are the most common ones for Lawrence residents:
- Standing water: Water accumulation around your home can threaten your foundation, especially when it gathers in areas your gutters don't reach.
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't completed to standard could lead to your foundation settling.
- Aging plumbing: The average Lawrence home construction year is 1981. If you live in an older home, it's likely to have cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leaking water could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can enter a home's foundation through cracks, and may apply force that causes your foundation cracking, pipes being damaged, and overall structural weakening.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Your home's structural integrity depends greatly on its foundation. It's essential to select the top professionals possible. Center your research on these characteristics:
Licensing and Experience
Kansas is one of many states that don't issue contracting licenses. Instead, cities and counties have the authority to license and regulate contractors. To learn more about specific foundation repair company qualifications where you live, contact your local building department. To further understand your contractor's experience, we recommend asking questions about what local codes apply to your project, how the company inspects foundations, and how its team will draft plans and pull permits.
One of the easiest ways to assess a company's reputation is to visit its website. Look for the company's history and the qualifications its team holds. Many prominent companies publish educational content for future customers.
We advise examining the company's Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile to find out whether it's accredited and has a good customer review score. You can check whether other homeowners have reported satisfaction or filed complaints. Pay special attention to what customers say about company warranties. Remember that complaints don't necessarily mean a contractor is unqualified. BBB comments also show how companies address complaints. A proactive team that works toward excellent outcomes is a good one. Don't work with a business if you don't see clear communication about problems.
Foundation Repair Cost in Lawrence
The price of foundation repair can range widely depending on the severity of the issues and what must be fixed. For minor foundation fracturing and settling problems, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is considerable deterioration, the typical cost falls at about $2,400. More complex projects requiring digging, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost $6,700+. See below the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Lawrence
How much does foundation repair cost in Lawrence?
Can a foundation always be fixed?
Are there any warranties or guarantees provided with Lawrence foundation repair services?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Make sure your home's gutters and downspouts are in good condition and direct water away from your foundation to avoid water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation evenly, especially during dry spells, to prevent expansion and shrinking.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to angle away from your foundation, promoting water drainage and minimizing the risk of foundation issues.
- Check your foundation for cracks, and repair any issues immediately.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.