Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard companies offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and make repairs to other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although most gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. A few nationwide gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services with their products. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, hangers, downspouts, and other components in one package. While gutter guard providers will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one story.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over the seasons, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different companies, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutter systems besides their own products.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as small particles, leaves, pine needles, and grit from shingles, can build up and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to perform the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard installers have different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, sometimes lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, typically 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to an entire seamless gutter system, evaluate your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will quote a single price for complete gutter installation. Others charge individually for maintenance services, gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different service offerings and levels of expertise. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company that has expertise with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Numerous high-quality companies offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into warranty plans that thoroughly cover your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Installers must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Iowa or West Des Moines might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to judge a home services company is to read customer reviews. Look at the company's profile on Trustpilot, Google Reviews, Better Business Bureau, social media, and Yelp to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative reviews, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $430 to $3,645 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your foundation, fascia, and roof from water damage. Variables such as gutter length and width, accessibility, time of year, and home size will determine the total project cost.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in West Des Moines. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your measurement.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in West Des Moines
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle any size of debris?
What are some problems I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.