Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair company provides a number of services to keep your system working efficiently and effectively. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
A timely repair restores the furnace's function, extends its life span, and optimizes energy efficiency. Furnace repair companies can diagnose and fix any common furnace issues. These include malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as possible gas leaks, damaged heat exchangers, faulty ignitions, and malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace experts can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and ensuring all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can also help you install a new furnace. You may want a new system if yours is beyond repair or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient option such as a heat pump. Your technician will first assess your home's layout and heating needs before recommending a furnace model for your requirements and budget. Your HVAC technician can integrate your new system with existing thermostats and air ducts. They're trained to follow industry safety protocols and standards to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To be sure everything is running optimally, your technician will perform a final inspection following installation.
We recommend scheduling an inspection by a furnace repair company if you notice your furnace failing to turn on. During the inspection, a technician will look at every component of your furnace to identify potential issues. The inspection normally includes examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, cleaning and replacing air filters, inspecting the burner and ignition system, and testing the thermostat's accuracy. Annual inspections of this kind facilitate optimal heating system performance, help prevent possible breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters. Your technician will verify your system's safety and efficiency and make any needed repairs.
Emergency furnace repair services are invaluable if your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night. Many companies offer 24/7 services to help get your furnace up and running as soon as possible. These services help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, and other safety concerns. Emergency services cost more than a scheduled service, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can cause serious discomfort and health risks due to decreased indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather conditions when you can't open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local West Des Moines Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for hiring a local West Des Moines furnace repair company. We go over some important factors below.
- Cost: Compare pricing from several West Des Moines furnace repair companies. Choose one with transparent and competitive pricing and a wide scope of services. Avoid extremely low-cost options, which may compromise workmanship quality or involve subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Warranties and guarantees provide peace of mind if issues arise post-repair. Reputable furnace repair providers should stand behind their work with guarantees or warranties for both workmanship and any replacement parts.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the appropriate licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Iowa must obtain a Service Technician HVAC specialty license from the Iowa Plumbing & Mechanical Systems Board. Proper licensing helps ensure that technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely.
- Qualifications: Learn about the qualifications and experience of a furnace repair company. You want technicians that are trained and experienced in working with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about company training programs to confirm that technicians are up to date on current industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer testimonials and other online reviews often paint a picture of a company's reputation and commitment to customer satisfaction. Look for overall positive reviews, and pay attention to the way it addresses complaints and negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors including the type of HVAC unit you have, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but on average expect to spend around $416 on furnace repair. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $78–$390
- Cleaning: $47–$62
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,559–$2,728
- Damaged blower bearings: $23–$117
- Damaged blower belt: $23–$86
- Filter change: $31–$117
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in West Des Moines
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.