Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Local furnace repair providers offer various services to keep your furnace running efficiently. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Professional and timely repairs can restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair experts can diagnose and fix any common furnace issues. These include malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as possible gas leaks, malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, and damaged heat exchangers. Your furnace repair company can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will make sure all components function properly by inspecting your furnace, cleaning it, replacing air filters, and lubricating moving parts.
HVAC providers can install a new furnace if yours is past repair. An expert can also help you upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for you based on your requirements and budget. Your HVAC professional can integrate your new system with existing thermostats and air ducts. They're trained to follow industry safety protocols and standards to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To be sure everything runs optimally, your technician will perform a final inspection following installation.
You need an inspection if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. During this inspection, a technician will examine each part of the furnace to look for possible problems. The inspection normally includes inspecting the burner and ignition system, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, cleaning and replacing air filters, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. The technician verifies the heating system's safety and efficiency, making necessary adjustments or repairs. Regular yearly furnace tune-ups facilitate optimal performance, help prevent possible breakdowns, and promote a safe living environment during cold winters.
Emergency furnace repair services are invaluable if your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night. Many companies offer 24/7 services to help get your furnace up and running as soon as possible. These services help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns. Emergency services may be more expensive than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can lead to discomfort and serious health risks from decreased indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather conditions when it's not possible to open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Des Moines Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for selecting a local Des Moines furnace repair company. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Compare multiple Des Moines furnace repair providers to look for the best prices and service offerings. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but be wary of companies that offer extremely low rates. These providers often make up the difference with low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair provider about any warranties or guarantees it offers. Trustworthy companies offer these guarantees to protect customers if any problems come up post-repair. Guarantees may cover both parts and workmanship.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair provider holds the licenses and certifications required by local and state authorities. Proper licensing ensures technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely. HVAC contractors in Iowa must obtain a Service Technician HVAC specialty license from the Iowa Plumbing & Mechanical Systems Board.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Your service provider should employ well-trained technicians who have experience working with various furnace makes and models. You can inquire about a company's training policies to ensure they stay on top of the latest industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Browse online testimonials and reviews to learn about a company's reputation. It's important to look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but you should also be mindful of how it addresses negative feedback. This can tell you a great deal about a company's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
A number of factors influence the cost of furnace repair. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and price of replacement parts. On average, furnace repair costs $443, though this varies depending on the details. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $81–$406
- Cleaning: $49–$65
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,624–$2,842
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$122
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$89
- Filter change: $32–$122
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Des Moines
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.