Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair companies provide a number of services to help your furnace work at maximum efficiency. We outline some common offerings below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs help extend your furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, in addition to restoring function. Furnace repair experts can diagnose and repair a number of common furnace issues. These include clogged air filters, malfunctioning thermostats, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, malfunctioning thermostats, and possible gas leaks. Your furnace repair professional can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will make sure all components function properly by inspecting your furnace, cleaning it, lubricating moving parts, and replacing air filters.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if your furnace is beyond repair, or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, skilled technicians assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, they recommend the most suitable furnace model based on your requirements and budget. HVAC technicians follow safety protocols and standards set by the industry to ensure correct furnace replacement and connection. They will also integrate the new system with your existing thermostats and air ducts. Following installation, the company completes one last inspection to ensure the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
You need an inspection if you notice your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will thoroughly inspect each part of the furnace to look for potential issues. Inspections usually include checking for any gas or fuel leaks, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, and testing the thermostat's accuracy. Your technician will check the heating system's safety and efficiency and make any needed adjustments or repairs. Annual furnace tune-ups encourage optimal performance and help avoid potential breakdowns, promoting a safe living environment during chilly winters.
Emergency furnace repair services can help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or other safety concerns. Many companies offer these around-the-clock services to help get your system back up and running promptly any time of the day or night. Emergency services are more expensive than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can lead to discomfort and serious health risks due to decreased indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather conditions when you can't open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Plainfield Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for choosing a local Plainfield furnace repair company. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Look for a company that provides all the services you need, and that offers transparent and competitive pricing. We recommend comparing several Plainfield furnace repair providers. Avoid ones that offer extremely low rates, as they may employ low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Guarantees and warranties provide peace of mind if problems come up after a repair. Reputable furnace repair companies should stand behind their work with guarantees or warranties for both workmanship and any replacement parts.
- Licensing: Verify that your furnace repair servicer holds all required licenses and certifications. This ensures that the technicians are qualified and trained to safely handle furnace repairs. In Indiana, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government.
- Qualifications: Check a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Ideally, technicians will have appropriate training and expertise in various furnace makes and models. Ask about ongoing training programs to ensure a provider keeps up with current repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer testimonials and other online reviews often paint a picture of a provider's reputation and commitment to customer satisfaction. Choose a company with overall positive reviews while paying attention to how it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Certain factors influence the cost of furnace repair. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and cost of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs $387 on average, though this varies depending on the details. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $74–$372
- Cleaning: $45–$60
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,488–$2,604
- Damaged blower bearings: $22–$112
- Damaged blower belt: $22–$82
- Filter change: $30–$112
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Plainfield
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.