Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can hire a local furnace repair provider for a number of services that help keep your furnace running efficiently. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs not only restore your furnace's function, they also extend its lifespan and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair professionals can diagnose and repair any issues with your furnace, including a clogged air filter, malfunctioning thermostat, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems including malfunctioning thermostats, possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, or damaged heat exchangers. Furnace repair experts can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include jobs such as inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and generally making sure all components work properly.
HVAC companies can help install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair. An expert can also help with upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for your budget and home requirements. HVAC technicians follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure safe furnace replacement and connection. They also integrate a new system with existing thermostats and air ducts. After installation, the company completes one last inspection to confirm that the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
You need an inspection if you discover that your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will thoroughly inspect each part of the furnace to look for potential causes. Inspections normally include cleaning and replacing air filters, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, inspecting the burner and ignition system, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. During an annual inspection, your technician will check your heating system's efficiency and safety and make any necessary adjustments or repairs. Regular inspections help avoid breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during chilly winters.
Emergency furnace repair services help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or safety concerns. Many providers offer these around-the-clock services to help get your system back up and running promptly outside of normal business hours. Emergency services might be more expensive than scheduled services, but it's worth it to protect your health. If your furnace fails during extreme weather conditions, and you can't open windows for fresh air, it can lead to serious discomfort and health risks due to decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Noblesville Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations to keep in mind when selecting a local Noblesville furnace repair service. We review some key factors below.
- Cost: Look for a company that provides all the services you need, and that offers transparent and competitive pricing. Compare multiple Noblesville furnace repair providers. Beware of ones that offer extremely low rates, as many use subpar replacement parts and low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Look into the warranties or guarantees provided by your furnace repair provider. A reliable company should back its work with guarantees on parts and repair work. This assurance gives you peace of mind knowing you can rely on your service provider if problems arise post-repair.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair servicer holds the required local and state licenses and certifications. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. In Indiana, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Ideally, technicians will have appropriate training and expertise in various furnace makes and models. Ask about ongoing training programs to ensure a provider is up to date with current repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Online reviews and customer testimonials can give you an idea of a provider's reputation and focus on customer satisfaction. Look for overall positive reviews and experiences, and pay attention to how it addresses complaints and negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Certain factors affect the cost of furnace repair. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and cost of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs $443 on average, though this can vary depending on your situation. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $81–$406
- Cleaning: $49–$65
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,623–$2,840
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$122
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$89
- Filter change: $32–$122