Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can hire a local furnace repair professional for a number of services that help keep your furnace running efficiently. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore furnace function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and repair any issues with your furnace, such as a malfunctioning thermostat, clogged air filter, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems including faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, malfunctioning thermostats, or possible gas leaks. Furnace repair technicians can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This may involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and ensuring all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can also help you install a new furnace. You might want a new system if yours is past repair or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient option like a heat pump. Your technician first assesses your heating needs and home’s layout before recommending the right furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Your HVAC installer can integrate a new system with your existing air ducts and thermostat, and they should follow industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. After installation, the technician will do one last inspection to ensure your furnace runs efficiently.
If you find that your furnace isn’t turning on, a furnace repair company will likely recommend a thorough inspection to identify possible causes. This process involves a technician examining each component of your furnace. The inspection normally includes cleaning and replacing air filters, inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. Your technician will verify the heating system's safety and efficiency while making the necessary repairs or adjustments. Routine, annual furnace tune-ups ensure peak performance, help avoid possible breakdowns, and promote a safe living environment during cold winters.
Emergency furnace repair services help restore your heat if your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night. Many companies offer 24/7 services to help get your furnace up and running as soon as possible. These services help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns. When a furnace fails in extreme weather conditions, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can lead to discomfort and serious health risks from decreased indoor air quality. Though emergency services will cost more than scheduled services, protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Kokomo Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations to keep in mind when selecting a local Kokomo furnace repair service. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Compare several Kokomo furnace repair providers to find the best service offerings and prices. Look for competitive, transparent pricing, but stay away from companies that offer extremely low rates. These providers may make up the difference with subpar replacement parts or low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Warranties and guarantees provide peace of mind if problems come up post-repair. Reliable furnace repair companies should stand behind their work with warranties or guarantees for both their workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: Make sure that your furnace repair provider has all necessary licenses and certifications. This ensures that its technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. In Indiana, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government.
- Qualifications: You can inquire about a company's training policies as well as the experience of its technicians. Companies that offer ongoing training tend to have technicians that use the latest repair techniques. You want a company that employs well-trained technicians with experience working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: Look at online reviews and customer testimonials to learn more about a provider's reputation. Mostly positive reviews are indicative of quality services. You can also verify a company's commitment to customer satisfaction by seeing how it addresses complaints and other negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
A number of factors affect the cost of furnace repair. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and cost of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs $382 on average, although this can vary depending on your situation. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $74–$369
- Cleaning: $44–$59
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,476–$2,584
- Damaged blower bearings: $22–$111
- Damaged blower belt: $22–$81
- Filter change: $30–$111
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Kokomo
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.