Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can hire a local furnace repair provider for a number of services that help keep your furnace running efficiently. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely professional repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair experts are trained to handle broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, and more. Your technician can diagnose and repair these and other issues to keep your furnace running efficiently. A qualified HVAC technician can also help with issues like possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, malfunctioning thermostats, or damaged heat exchangers. Your furnace repair provider can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will make sure all components function properly by inspecting your furnace, cleaning it, replacing air filters, and lubricating moving parts.
HVAC companies can help you install a new furnace if yours is past repair. An expert can also help you upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for you based on your budget and home requirements. Your HVAC technician can integrate your new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. They're trained on industry standards and safety protocols to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To ensure everything runs optimally, your technician will complete a final inspection after installation.
Schedule an inspection with a furnace repair company if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will inspect each of the furnace's components to identify possible issues. The inspection normally includes checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. Yearly inspections like this encourage optimal heating system performance, help prevent breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters. Your technician will verify your system's efficiency and safety while making any needed repairs.
Emergency furnace repair services are invaluable if your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night. Many companies offer 24/7 services to help get your furnace up and running as soon as possible. These services help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns. Emergency services might cost more than scheduled services, but it's worth it to protect your health. If your furnace fails during extreme weather, and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air, it can cause discomfort and serious health risks due to the decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Indianapolis Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for choosing a local Indianapolis furnace repair provider. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Indianapolis furnace repair companies. Look for competitive and transparent pricing, but avoid extremely low-cost options. Abnormally low prices may indicate that a company is making up the difference by compromising material or workmanship quality.
- Guarantees: Warranties and guarantees offer you peace of mind if problems come up post-repair. Reliable furnace repair providers should stand behind their work with warranties or guarantees for both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair provider holds all the appropriate licenses and certifications. In Indiana, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government. Proper licensing ensures that technicians are qualified to safely handle furnace repairs.
- Qualifications: Inquire about a company's training policies as well as the experience of its technicians. Companies that promote ongoing training are more likely to have technicians that are up to date on the latest repair techniques. Look for a company that employs well-trained technicians with experience working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: Read online reviews and customer testimonials to learn more about a company's reputation. Mostly positive reviews are indicative of quality services. You can also learn about a company's commitment to customer satisfaction by seeing how it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Furnace repair costs are based on several factors. These include HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. The average homeowner pays around $460 for furnace repair, though your total cost may vary. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $83–$416
- Cleaning: $50–$67
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,664–$2,913
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$125
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$92
- Filter change: $33–$125
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Indianapolis
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.