Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair company provides various services to keep your system working efficiently and effectively. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs not only restore your furnace's function, they also extend its lifespan and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair companies can diagnose and repair any common furnace issues. These include malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, malfunctioning thermostats, and possible gas leaks. Your furnace repair professional can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will make sure all components function properly by inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, and lubricating moving parts.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair, or you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. First, skilled technicians assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, they recommend the most suitable furnace model based on your requirements and budget. Your HVAC technician can integrate your new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts. They're trained on industry standards and safety protocol for proper furnace replacement and connection. Post-installation, the technician will do a final inspection to ensure your furnace runs efficiently.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, schedule a thorough inspection through a furnace repair provider. A technician will examine each component of your furnace to identify potential problems. Inspections typically include examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, testing the thermostat's accuracy, cleaning and replacing air filters, inspecting the burner and ignition system, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. During an annual inspection, a technician will verify your heating system's efficiency and safety while making any necessary adjustments or repairs. Regular tune-ups help prevent breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote safe living during chilly winters.
Emergency furnace repair services can help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or other safety concerns. Many providers offer these around-the-clock services to help get your system up and running promptly outside of normal business hours. Emergency services may be more expensive than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it. If your furnace fails during extreme weather, and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air, it can cause serious discomfort and health risks due to the decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Fishers Furnace Repair Service
You have a number of factors to consider when selecting a local Fishers furnace repair company. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Fishers furnace repair providers. Look for competitive and transparent pricing, but avoid extremely low-cost options. Companies that offer services for abnormally low prices may make up the difference by compromising material or workmanship quality.
- Guarantees: Check for warranties or guarantees provided by the furnace repair service. A reliable company should back its work with guarantees on repairs and replacement parts. This assurance gives you peace of mind knowing you can depend on your service provider if any issues arise post-repair.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the required licenses and certifications. In Indiana, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government. Proper licensing ensures that technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely.
- Qualifications: Find out what experience and qualifications a furnace repair company has. Your provider should employ well-trained technicians who have experience working with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training policies to ensure they're up to date on industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Online reviews and customer testimonials often paint a picture of a company's reputation and focus on customer satisfaction. Look for overall positive reviews and experiences, and pay attention to the way it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair varies depending on factors including the type of HVAC unit, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but on average expect to spend around $443 on furnace repair. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $81–$406
- Cleaning: $49–$65
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,623–$2,840
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$122
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$89
- Filter change: $32–$122
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Fishers
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.