Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair company provides a number of services to help your system work efficiently and effectively. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair companies can diagnose and repair any issues with your furnace, such as a clogged air filter, malfunctioning thermostat, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems including malfunctioning thermostats, possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, or damaged heat exchangers. Furnace experts can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and ensuring all components function correctly.
Your local HVAC expert can help upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. If your system is past repair, they can also help install a new furnace. Your technician will begin by assessing your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for your budget and home requirements. HVAC technicians follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure correct furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate your new system with your existing thermostats and air ducts. Following installation, the company does a final inspection to ensure the furnace runs optimally.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, you should schedule a thorough inspection through a furnace repair company. A technician will examine each of the furnace's components to identify possible problems. Inspections normally include examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, cleaning and replacing air filters, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and inspecting the burner and ignition system. Yearly inspections of this type facilitate optimal heating system performance, help avoid breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters. A technician will verify your system's safety and efficiency and make any needed repairs.
Some furnace repair companies also have emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during the colder months, emergency services can get it up and running as soon as possible. Furnace failure can cause serious discomfort and health risks from the reduced indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather and you can't open windows for fresh air. Emergency services might be more expensive than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Bloomington Furnace Repair Service
You should consider a number of factors when choosing a local Bloomington furnace repair company. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: We recommend comparing multiple Bloomington furnace repair providers to look for the best prices and service offerings. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but avoid companies that quote extremely low rates. These providers may make up the difference with low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Guarantees and warranties offer you peace of mind should problems come up after a repair. Reputable furnace repair companies should stand behind their work with guarantees or warranties for both workmanship and any replacement parts.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the necessary licenses and certifications. In Indiana, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government. Proper licensing ensures that technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely.
- Qualifications: Check into the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. Ideally, you want technicians that are well-trained and experienced at working with various furnace makes and models. Ask about company training programs to confirm that technicians are educated on the latest industry standards.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer testimonials and other online reviews often paint a picture of a company's reputation and commitment to customer satisfaction. Choose a company with overall positive reviews while paying attention to the way it addresses complaints and negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Certain factors affect the cost of furnace repair. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and cost of replacement parts. On average, furnace repair costs $383, although this can vary depending on the details. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $74–$370
- Cleaning: $44–$59
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,480–$2,590
- Damaged blower bearings: $22–$111
- Damaged blower belt: $22–$81
- Filter change: $30–$111
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Bloomington
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.