Common Types of Air Conditioners
There are a few different kinds of air conditioners on the Quincy market. While HVAC professionals can work with most types, knowing which one you have will simplify your company research.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an outdoor unit and multiple interior units, with no ductwork required. They offer flexible installation options, individual room temperature control, and higher energy efficiency.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name hints, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're popular for apartments, condos, or individual rooms.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They offer silent operation, improved energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Quincy condos, townhomes, and apartments. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling single rooms and small spaces, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users deploy their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Central AC: These are the most common residential AC systems, offering precise, consistent temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to various rooms in your home.
How to Choose Your Quincy AC Repair Service
You likely want a swift resolution for your air conditioner's problem. However, before signing up with a repair company, it's important to take the time to research if they're ideal for your dwelling. Here are a few essential steps to follow.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
There's no state HVAC license in the Land of Lincoln. Instead, cities and counties are free to set their own requirements and regulations. Check with your local building department for more information.
Many states and cities also require companies to carry liability insurance. Even if your community doesn't require it, we still recommend choosing an insured company. This will protect you if an accident happens or something gets damaged.
Read Customer Reviews
Read customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB accredits contractors that handle complaints professionally and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair businesses to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a business if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We suggest getting at least three different quotes to find the best pricing and offerings. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about emergency repair availability, manufacturer warranties, installer guarantees and permitting fees.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Quincy
What's the cost of an AC repair job in Quincy?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
What month is best for getting an air conditioner replaced?
Is hiring an HVAC company better than doing the repair on my own?
How many years until I should replace my AC unit?
Should my HVAC company have a private accreditation?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.