Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair company provides a number of services to keep your system working effectively. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs extend the furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, in addition to restoring furnace function. Furnace repair professionals can diagnose and repair any furnace issue, including a malfunctioning thermostat, clogged air filter, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems including faulty ignitions, possible gas leaks, damaged heat exchangers, or malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace experts can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and making sure all components function properly.
HVAC companies can help you install a new furnace if yours is past repair. An expert can also help you upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for you based on your requirements and budget. Your HVAC technician can integrate a new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. They're trained on industry safety protocols and standards to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To be sure everything is running optimally, your technician will complete a final inspection following installation.
We recommend scheduling an inspection by a furnace repair company if you notice your furnace failing to turn on. A technician will inspect each of the furnace's components to identify possible causes. Inspections normally include inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. We recommend an annual inspection, during which a technician will verify your heating system's safety and efficiency and make any necessary adjustments or repairs. Regular inspections help prevent potential breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote safe living during chilly winters.
If your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night, furnace repair companies may provide emergency repair services to get your system up and running quickly. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns outside regular business hours. When a furnace fails during extreme weather, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can pose serious discomfort and health risks due to poor indoor air quality. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but it’s worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Chicago Furnace Repair Service
You should consider a number of factors when selecting a local Chicago furnace repair company. We review some key considerations below.
- Cost: Look for a company that provides all the services you need, and that offers transparent and competitive pricing. We recommend comparing several Chicago furnace repair providers. Beware of ones that offer extremely low rates, as many use subpar replacement parts and low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Check for warranties or guarantees provided by the furnace repair service. A reputable company should back its work with guarantees on repairs and replacement parts. This assurance gives you peace of mind knowing you can depend on the service provider if any problems arise after repairs.
- Licensing: Make sure that your furnace repair provider has all necessary licenses and certifications. This ensures that the technicians are qualified and trained to safely handle furnace repairs. In Illinois, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government.
- Qualifications: Learn about the qualifications and experience of a furnace repair company. You want technicians that are trained and experienced in working with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about company training programs to confirm that technicians are educated on the latest industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: You can read online reviews and testimonials to get a sense of a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also pay attention to how it addresses negative reviews and complaints. This can tell you a great deal about a company's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair varies depending on factors including the type of HVAC unit, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. Your final price may vary, but expect to spend an average of $478 on furnace repair. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $85–$427
- Cleaning: $51–$68
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,707–$2,988
- Damaged blower bearings: $26–$128
- Damaged blower belt: $26–$94
- Filter change: $34–$128
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Chicago
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.