Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Meridian
A few factors can contribute to foundation issues. These are the most prevalent ones for Meridian residents:
- Improper modifications: Landscaping or roofing work that wasn't performed properly could lead to your foundation settling.
- Aging plumbing: While many Meridian homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Topsoil Frost: When temperatures plunge, topsoil freezes rapidly and lower layers can't expand, pushing upper layers to heave and permanently damage infrastructure.
- Standing water: Pooling water around your home can threaten your foundation's integrity, especially when it collects in areas your gutter system doesn't protect.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can encroach on a home's foundation through cracks, and may exert pressure that leads to your foundation fracturing, pipes rupturing, and overall structural weakening.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Your home's foundation is essential to its structural integrity, so it's important to work with a reliable foundation repair provider. Assess each provider using the following factors:
Licensing and Experience
Foundation companies in the Gem State must register with the Idaho Contractors Board to perform work over $2,000 in value. While the board does not issue licenses, your city or county still has the power to license area contractors. You should consult your local government or building department for more information about what's required. To further understand your contractor's experience, we recommend asking questions about how the company inspects foundations, how its team will draft plans and pull permits, and what local codes apply to your project.
One of the best ways to evaluate a company's reputation is to go to its website. Look for the company's years in business and the qualifications its team holds. Many well-known companies provide educational content for future customers.
We recommend reviewing the company's Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile to find out whether it's accredited and has a good customer review score. You can check whether other homeowners have shared satisfaction or filed complaints. Pay special attention to what customers say about company warranties. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. Instead, discover how a company responds to them. If the management team consistently and proactively resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, shows more negative reviews than positive ones, and doesn't communicate well, you should avoid working with it.
Finally, we suggest you search additional sites, like Trustpilot and Google, for more opinions.
Foundation Repair Cost in Meridian
The price of foundation repair can vary substantially depending on the degree of the issues and what's necessary to resolve them. For minor foundation fracturing and settling problems, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is significant deterioration, the typical cost falls at about $2,600. More intricate projects involving excavating, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost upwards of $6,800. See below the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Meridian
How much does foundation repair cost in Meridian?
How long does foundation repair usually take?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Ensure your home's gutters and downspouts are in good condition and direct water away from your foundation to avoid water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation evenly, especially during dry spells, to prevent expansion and shrinking.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to angle away from your foundation, promoting water drainage and minimizing the risk of foundation issues.
- Keep an eye on your foundation for cracks, and address any issues immediately.
Will foundation repair disrupt my daily routine while the work's being done?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.