Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Warner Robins
A few factors can contribute to foundation issues. Here are the most common ones for Warner Robins residents:
- Soil composition: Soil with large sand or clay concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Warner Robins experiences, the soil absorbs moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction puts pressure on nearby foundations, even if the foundations keep dry.
- Standing water: Standing water around your home can be a menace to your foundation, especially when it collects in areas your gutters don't cover.
- Aging plumbing: While many Warner Robins homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leaking water could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't completed properly could lead to your foundation settling.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can intrude into a home's foundation through crevices, and may apply force that leads to your foundation cracking, pipes being damaged, and overall structural destabilization.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
To pick a foundation repair contractor, you should think about what's most important to you. Use this list of criteria to help you steer the process.
Licensing and Experience
In Georgia, foundation companies may be licensed as general or specialty contractors. If a company holds a specialty license, it can only perform jobs within its Secretary of State-assigned classifications. Classifications are task-specific, including such specialties as concrete tilt-up, grading, and masonry. Talk to representatives to gain more insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local inspection processes, building codes and permit ordinances.
Another way to evaluate a company's credibility is to examine its website. There, you can learn how long it's been in business and its trade accreditations. It might also share knowledge and insights through blog posts, podcasts, or videos.
We suggest reviewing the company's Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile to determine whether it's accredited and has a high customer review score. You can check whether other homeowners have shared satisfaction or filed complaints. Pay special attention to what customers say about company warranties. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. You want to discover how a company manages them. If the management team consistently and proactively resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, shows more negative reviews than positive ones, and doesn't communicate properly, you should avoid working with it.
Finally, we suggest you search other platforms, including Trustpilot and Google, for other reviews.
Foundation Repair Cost in Warner Robins
The cost of foundation repair can differ significantly depending on the severity of the issues and what needs to be done to address them. For minor foundation fissures and settling issues, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is substantial deterioration, the average cost will likely fall around $3,000. More complex jobs involving excavation, helical piers, or concrete leveling could cost $6,900 or more. See below the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Warner Robins
How much does foundation repair cost in Warner Robins?
Can a foundation always be fixed?
What's the time to complete a typical foundation repair job?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Make sure your home's gutters and downspouts are in good condition and direct water away from your foundation to prevent water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation evenly, especially during dry spells, to prevent expansion and shrinking.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to angle away from your foundation, encouraging water drainage and minimizing the risk of foundation issues.
- Keep an eye on your foundation for cracks, and repair any issues promptly.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.