Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and fix other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
Most gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature straightforward DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter offer installation services. If you're installing new gutters, consider aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Some gutter guard companies offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which company you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one story.
Debris buildup through the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some contractors will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most homeowners dread gutter cleaning, but it's critical to do it at least two times a year. Debris, such as pine needles, leaves, and shingle grit, can build up and cause more severe issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard installers, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are frequently longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a specified time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with a seamless system, it's crucial to vet each company on your shortlist. Look over the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors quote a package deal for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different service offerings and expertise levels. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company that has expertise with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system over time. Numerous companies offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a competitive warranty plan your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to secure licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, contact your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, check a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also confirm a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to assess a home services company is to read customer reviews. Look at the company's profile on Google Reviews, social media, Better Business Bureau, Trustpilot, and Yelp to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative ratings, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $505 and $4,026. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof. Factors such as gutter accessibility, home size, time of year, and length and width impact the final quoted price.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Stonecrest. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your measurement.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Stonecrest
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I can encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.