Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can employ a local furnace repair provider for a number of services that help keep your furnace running efficiently. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs help extend your furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, in addition to restoring function. Furnace repair professionals can diagnose and repair any furnace issue, such as a malfunctioning thermostat, clogged air filter, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems including damaged heat exchangers, faulty ignitions, possible gas leaks, or malfunctioning thermostats. Your furnace repair professional can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will ensure that all components function properly by inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, and lubricating moving parts.
HVAC companies can help install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair. An expert can also help with upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Professional HVAC technicians practice industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can integrate a new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts. Your provider will complete a final inspection after installation to make sure your furnace runs optimally.
If you find that your furnace isn’t turning on, a furnace repair company will recommend a thorough inspection to identify potential causes. This will involve a technician examining each furnace component. Inspections usually include testing the thermostat's accuracy, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and cleaning and replacing air filters. During an annual inspection, a technician will verify your heating system's efficiency and safety and make any necessary adjustments or repairs. Regular inspections and tune-ups help avoid breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during colder months.
If your furnace breaks down in winter, some furnace repair companies offer emergency repair services to get your system up and running promptly. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns. Furnace failure can cause discomfort and serious health risks from the reduced indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather and you're unable to open windows for fresh air. Emergency services may be more expensive than a scheduled service, but protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Stonecrest Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for choosing a local Stonecrest furnace repair service. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Look for transparent and competitive pricing, and make sure you find a company that offers all the services you need. Compare multiple Stonecrest furnace repair companies. Beware of ones with extremely low rates, as many employ low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Reliable furnace repair providers should offer guarantees or warranties on their parts and workmanship. Providers that back their work this way offer you peace of mind if something goes wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair provider holds all the required licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Georgia must obtain a Conditioned Air Contractor license issued by the Georgia Board of Conditioned Air Contractors. Proper licensing ensures that technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely.
- Qualifications: Learn about the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. You want technicians that are trained and experienced in working with various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training programs to verify that technicians are up to date on current industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer testimonials and other online reviews can give you an idea of a provider's reputation and commitment to customer satisfaction. Look for overall positive reviews and experiences, and pay attention to how it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair is based on multiple factors, such as the HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs an average of $435, but the final price depends on the situation. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $80–$401
- Cleaning: $48–$64
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,603–$2,805
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$120
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$88
- Filter change: $32–$120
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Stonecrest
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.