Common Types of Air Conditioners
HVAC technicians have the expertise to service most air conditioner models, but knowing more about what you have can be beneficial. Below, we'll outline each of the common AC models.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one inside and one outside. They offer peaceful operation, enhanced efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an outdoor unit and multiple interior units, with no ductwork required. They offer flexible installation options, higher energy efficiency, and individual room temperature control.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering consistent, precise temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools air from outside, purifies it, and sends it through ducts to various rooms in your home.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Stonecrest townhomes, apartments, and condos. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling small spaces and single rooms, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users install their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name implies, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're preferred for apartments, condos, or individual rooms.
How to Choose Your Stonecrest AC Repair Service
With Stonecrest's blazing heat, AC problems are urgent to fix for your safety and comfort. However, don't rush to sign a contract until you know a company is the best fit for you. We recommend following these steps in your research.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Georgia HVAC licenses come from the State Board of Conditioned Air Contractors. To apply, a company owner must provide references, environmental certifications, and proof of citizenship. If they've never held an HVAC license before, they must also pass a trade exam.
You should also verify a company has sufficient liability coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if accidents happen during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Find customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB recognizes contractors that handle complaints professionally and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair providers to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a provider if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We recommend getting contacting at least three different companies to find the best cost and services. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about installer guarantees, manufacturer warranties, emergency repair availability and permitting fees.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Stonecrest
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in Stonecrest?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
Is hiring an HVAC company better than doing the repair on my own?
How many years until I should replace my AC unit?
What industry certifications should I look for when researching Stonecrest AC repair companies?
How quickly can an HVAC company in Stonecrest respond to emergency repair requests?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.