Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard companies often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards require professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services as part of their packages. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. While gutter guard providers will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one story.
Standing water, debris, and extreme temperature changes can damage gutters. Ask each company about different repair plans and policies as you get quotes. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as leaves, pine needles, small particles, and grit from shingles, can build up and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard providers offer different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, usually 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get an entire gutter system with guards installed, screen different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will quote package deals for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for gutter cleaning, gutter guard installation, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different expertise levels based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what services you need.
- Guarantees: Downpours in the summer and ice dams in the winter can wear on your gutter system over time. Many top providers offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a competitive warranty plan your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Georgia may have to hold business licenses, workers comp coverage, and liability insurance according to local regulations. Reach out to the South Fulton government to learn specifics, and verify that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. social media, Trustpilot, Google Reviews, Better Business Bureau, and Yelp are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $420 and $3,597. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof. Factors such as gutter length and width, home size, time of year, and accessibility impact the final quoted price.
The table lists the typical per-foot cost for the most widely used gutter guard types in South Fulton.
|Material||Cost per foot|
|Stainless steel micro-mesh||$5|