Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above companies offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include gutter cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards require professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services as part of their packages. Two high-quality gutter guard options include fine stainless steel mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Standing water, debris, and rapid temperature changes can make gutters less effective. Ask each provider about different repair options and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most homeowners dread gutter cleaning, but it's essential to do it at least twice a year. Debris, such as pine needles, shingle grit, and leaves, can build up and cause more severe issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard installers, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are frequently longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a defined time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with an integrated system, it's crucial to pre-screen each company on your shortlist. Review the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses provide a bundled quote for full gutter installation. Others bill individually for work such as fascia board replacement, gutter cleaning, and gutter guard installation. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different expertise levels based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what services you need.
- Guarantees: Over time, the combination of summer rainstorms and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a competitive warranty.
- Licensing:Gutter guard providers might have to hold licenses and permits according to Georgia and South Fulton regulations. They should also have workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Contact your local government to learn more about what's required, and verify a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to evaluate a home services company is to read customer comments. Look at the company's profile on Yelp, Trustpilot, Better Business Bureau, social media, and Google Reviews to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative feedback, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $420 to $3,597 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your fascia, roof, and foundation from water damage. Variables such as gutter length and width, home size, time of year, and accessibility will determine the total project cost.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in South Fulton. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in South Fulton
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle any size of debris?
What are some problems I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.