Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Local furnace repair providers offer various services to keep your furnace running efficiently. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair companies can diagnose and fix any common furnace issues. These include clogged air filters, malfunctioning thermostats, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as damaged heat exchangers, faulty ignitions, possible gas leaks, and malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace repair experts can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include jobs such as inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and generally making sure all components work properly.
HVAC providers can install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair. An expert can also help with upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for you based on your budget and home requirements. HVAC technicians follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure safe furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate the new system with your existing air ducts and thermostats. After installation, the company performs a final inspection to ensure the furnace runs optimally.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, you want to schedule a thorough inspection with a furnace repair company. A technician will examine each of the furnace's components to look for possible problems. Inspections typically include examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, cleaning and replacing air filters, testing the thermostat's accuracy, inspecting the burner and ignition system, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. During an annual inspection, a technician will check your heating system's efficiency and safety and make any necessary adjustments or repairs. Regular inspections help avoid potential breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote safe living during colder months.
Emergency furnace repair services help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or safety concerns. Many companies offer these around-the-clock services to help get your system up and running promptly. Emergency services may be more expensive than a scheduled service, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can lead to discomfort and serious health risks from reduced indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather conditions when you can't open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local South Fulton Furnace Repair Service
There are multiple factors to consider when selecting a local South Fulton furnace repair provider. We review some key considerations below.
- Cost: We recommend comparing multiple South Fulton furnace repair providers to find the best prices and service offerings. Look for competitive, transparent pricing, but be wary of companies with extremely low rates. These providers often make up the difference with low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Look into the guarantees or warranties offered by your furnace repair provider. A reputable company should back its work with guarantees on repairs and replacement parts. This assurance provides peace of mind knowing you can depend on your service provider if issues arise after repairs.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the appropriate licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Georgia must obtain a Conditioned Air Contractor license issued by the Georgia Board of Conditioned Air Contractors. Proper licensing helps ensure that technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely.
- Qualifications: Check into the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. Ideally, you want technicians that are well-trained and experienced at working on various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training programs to confirm that technicians are educated on the latest industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: Browse online reviews and testimonials from previous customers to learn about a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also pay attention to how it addresses negative reviews and complaints. This can reveal a lot about a company's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Certain factors affect the cost of furnace repair. These include the type of HVAC unit, extent of the damage, and cost of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs $453 on average, although this can vary depending on your situation. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $82–$412
- Cleaning: $49–$66
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,647–$2,883
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$124
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$91
- Filter change: $33–$124
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in South Fulton
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.