Common Causes of Foundation Problems in South Fulton
A home in South Fulton might experience foundation issues for a variety of reasons. Some are unique to the local environment, while others are widespread nationwide. They include:
- Aging plumbing: While many South Fulton homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Improper modifications: Landscaping or roofing work that wasn't performed to standard could lead to your foundation settling.
- Soil composition: Soil with large sand or clay concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall South Fulton gets, the soil absorbs moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction stresses nearby foundations, even if the foundations keep dry.
- Standing water: Water accumulation around your home can be menacing to your foundation's integrity, especially when it gathers in areas your gutter system doesn't protect.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can intrude into a home's foundation through cracks, and may create stress that leads to your foundation fracturing, pipes leaking, and overall structural destabilization.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Your home's foundation is essential to its structural integrity, so it's important to work with a reliable foundation repair company. Evaluate each company using the following criteria:
Licensing and Experience
In Georgia, foundation companies may be licensed as general or specialty contractors. If a company holds a specialty license, it can only perform jobs within its Secretary of State-assigned classifications. Classifications are task-specific, including such specialties as concrete tilt-up, grading, and masonry. To further understand your contractor's experience, we recommend asking questions about how its team will draft plans and pull permits, how the company inspects foundations, and what local codes apply to your project.
Another way to evaluate a company's standing is to look at its website. There, you can learn how long it's been in business and its trade qualifications. It might also share knowledge and insights through blog posts, podcasts, or videos.
When you're researching a company's credibility, visit its Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile. There, you can find its rating and a list of customer reviews, both positive experiences and complaints. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. You want to discover how a company responds to them. If the management team proactively and consistently resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, has an abundance of negative feedback, and doesn't communicate properly, you should think twice about working with it.
Finally, we suggest you search additional sites, like Trustpilot and Google, for other reviews.
Foundation Repair Cost in South Fulton
The price of foundation repair can range widely based on the severity of the issues and what needs to be fixed. For minor foundation cracking and settling issues, you may pay as little as $1,900. However, if there is considerable deterioration, the typical cost lands at about $3,400. More involved projects requiring digging, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost $7,000+. This table shows the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in South Fulton
What will I pay to repair my foundation in South Fulton?
What's the most popular foundation type in South Fulton?
Do South Fulton foundation repair companies offer warranties or guarantees?
Will foundation repair disrupt my daily routine while the work's being done?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.