Common Types of Air Conditioners
There are a few different kinds of air conditioners on the South Fulton market. While HVAC technicians can work with most types, knowing which one you have will ease your company research.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name hints, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're a common choice for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an outdoor unit and multiple interior units, with no ductwork required. They offer individual room temperature control, flexible installation options, and higher energy efficiency.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They provide silent operation, enhanced efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Central AC: These are the most common residential AC systems, offering consistent, precise temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to various rooms in your home.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for South Fulton condos, townhomes, and apartments. These compact, affordable units are designed for cooling small spaces and single rooms, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users set up their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
How to Choose Your South Fulton AC Repair Service
While you might want to resolve your AC issue quickly, you should carefully investigate what's out there before signing a contract with a repair service. Take the following steps to ensure you find the most suitable company for your home. With the sweltering South Fulton heat, AC issues are urgent to fix. However, to get the best possible outcome, it's critical to thoroughly research different HVAC companies first. We recommend adhering to these steps as you prepare.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Georgia HVAC licenses come from the State Board of Conditioned Air Contractors. To apply, a company owner must provide references, environmental certifications, and proof of citizenship. If they've never held an HVAC license before, they must also pass a trade exam.
Many states and cities also require companies to carry liability insurance. Even if your community doesn't require it, we still recommend choosing an insured company. This will protect you if an accident happens or something gets damaged.
Read Customer Reviews
Find customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB recognizes businesses that resolve complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's normal for even the best AC repair companies to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a provider if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We suggest getting three or more estimates to find the best cost and services. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about permitting fees, emergency repair availability, manufacturer warranties and installer guarantees.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in South Fulton
What's the cost of an AC repair job in South Fulton?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Common Repair||Average Cost|
|Clogged air filter||$88–$211|
|Frozen condenser coils||$293–$1175|
|Fan or air blower issues||$528–$763|