Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard companies often have a full range of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards require professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services as part of their packages. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, end caps, downspouts, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Standing water, debris, and extreme temperature changes can make gutters less effective. Ask each provider about different repair packages and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they mounted themselves.
Most Smyrna residents don't look forward to gutter cleaning, but it's still critical to do it at least twice a year. When pine needles, small particles, shingle grit, or leaves build up, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a low sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard companies typically offer warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want an entire gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors give a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying skill levels. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: Heavy rains in summer and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. Several highly rated companies provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for an all-inclusive warranty plan for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Georgia may have to maintain workers comp coverage, business licenses, and liability insurance according to local regulations. Contact the Smyrna government to learn specifics, and verify that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for screening any home services company. Sites such as Yelp, social media, Google Reviews, the Better Business Bureau, and Trustpilot provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $444 to $3,719. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter home size, accessibility, time of year, and length and width impact the total pricing.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Smyrna. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding per-foot rate.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Smyrna
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle any size of debris?
What are some problems I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.