Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair provider will offer various services to ensure your furnace runs efficiently. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs help extend your furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, in addition to restoring function. Furnace repair professionals are trained to deal with broken blower motors, clogged air filters, malfunctioning thermostats, and more. Your technician can diagnose and repair problems like these to keep your furnace running efficiently. A qualified HVAC technician can also handle issues such as faulty ignitions, possible gas leaks, damaged heat exchangers, or malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace experts can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and ensuring all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can install a new furnace if yours is past repair. An expert can also help you upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for you based on your budget and home requirements. Your HVAC technician can integrate a new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts. They're trained on industry standards and safety protocol for proper furnace replacement and connection. After installation, your technician will complete a final inspection to make sure your furnace runs properly.
If you notice your furnace isn’t turning on, a furnace repair company will likely recommend a thorough inspection to identify possible issues. This will involve a technician examining each component of your furnace. Inspections normally include inspecting the burner and ignition system, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and cleaning and replacing air filters. A technician will look at the heating system's efficiency and safety and make any needed adjustments or repairs. Annual furnace tune-ups help ensure optimal performance and help prevent breakdowns, promoting a safe living environment during colder months.
Some furnace repair companies also have emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during a cold night, emergency services can have it up and running as quickly as possible. Furnace failure can lead to serious discomfort and health risks due to decreased indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown occurs during extreme weather and you can't open windows for fresh air. Emergency services might cost more than a scheduled service, but protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Sandy Springs Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for selecting a local Sandy Springs furnace repair service. We go over some important factors below.
- Cost: Compare pricing from several Sandy Springs furnace repair companies. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, considering the scope of services offered. Beware of extremely low-cost options, which might compromise workmanship quality or involve subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Check for guarantees or warranties offered by your furnace repair provider. A reliable company should stand behind its work and offer a reasonable guarantee on repairs and replacement parts. This provides peace of mind knowing you can rely on your service provider if issues arise after repairs.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair provider holds the licenses and certifications required by local and state authorities. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. HVAC contractors in Georgia must obtain a Conditioned Air Contractor license issued by the Georgia Board of Conditioned Air Contractors.
- Qualifications: Find out what qualifications and experience a furnace repair company has. Your service provider should employ technicians that are well-trained and have experience working with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training policies to make sure they stay on top of the latest industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Check online testimonials and reviews to get a sense of a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also pay attention to how it addresses negative reviews and complaints. This can tell you a great deal about a company's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair depends on a number of factors, including HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs an average of $437, but your total price depends on the details. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $80–$402
- Cleaning: $48–$64
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,609–$2,816
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$121
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$88
- Filter change: $32–$121
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Sandy Springs
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.