Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Sandy Springs
A few factors can contribute to foundation issues. These are the most prevalent ones for Sandy Springs residents:
- Soil composition: Soil with large clay or sand concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Sandy Springs gets, the soil absorbs moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction stresses nearby foundations, even if the foundations stay dry.
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't performed to standard could lead to your foundation settling.
- Standing water: Water accumulation around your home can be menacing to your foundation, especially when it collects in areas your gutters don't reach.
- Aging plumbing: While many Sandy Springs homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Your home's stability relies on its foundation. It's crucial to select the best team possible. Center your research on these qualities:
Licensing and Experience
In Georgia, foundation companies may be licensed as general or specialty contractors. If a company holds a specialty license, it can only perform jobs within its Secretary of State-assigned classifications. Classifications are task-specific, including such specialties as concrete tilt-up, grading, and masonry. Talk to representatives to gain further insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local building codes, permit ordinances and inspection processes.
One of the best ways to evaluate a company's reputation is to find its website. Look for the company's years in business and the qualifications its team holds. Many top companies publish educational content for prospective customers.
Before choosing a company, check its online profile with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). You can examine both complaints and positive reviews. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. Instead, discover how a company manages them. If the management team consistently and proactively resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, has more negative reviews, and doesn't communicate well, you should avoid working with it.
Finally, we encourage you to search other platforms, like Trustpilot and Google, for more opinions.
Foundation Repair Cost in Sandy Springs
The cost of foundation repair can differ significantly depending on the extent of the issues and what needs to be done to fix them. For minor foundation cracking and settling issues, you may pay as little as $1,900. However, if there is more significant deterioration, the average cost will likely fall around $3,500. More complex jobs involving excavation, helical piers, or concrete leveling could cost $7,100 or more. See below the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Sandy Springs
What will I pay to repair my foundation in Sandy Springs?
What's the most popular foundation type in Sandy Springs?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Ensure your home's gutters and downspouts are properly installed and direct water away from your foundation to avoid water accumulation.
- Irrigate the soil around your foundation evenly, especially during dry spells, to prevent expansion and shrinking.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to angle away from your foundation, encouraging water drainage and reducing the risk of foundation issues.
- Keep an eye on your foundation for cracks, and repair any issues immediately.
Will foundation repair disrupt my daily routine while the work's being done?
That said, foundation repair crews use heavy equipment, and you'll occasionally experience loud noises or vibrations. If either of these will disturb you, you might prefer to leave and return when the crew is finished.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.