Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Sandy Springs
A few factors can contribute to foundation issues. These are the most prevalent ones for Sandy Springs residents:
- Soil composition: Soil with large clay or sand concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Sandy Springs gets, the soil absorbs moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction stresses nearby foundations, even if the foundations stay dry.
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't performed to standard could lead to your foundation settling.
- Standing water: Water accumulation around your home can be menacing to your foundation, especially when it collects in areas your gutters don't reach.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
To pick a foundation repair business, you should think about what's most important to you. Use this list of factors to help you steer the process.
Licensing and Experience
In Georgia, foundation companies may be licensed as general or specialty contractors. If a company holds a specialty license, it can only perform jobs within its Secretary of State-assigned classifications. Classifications are task-specific, including such specialties as concrete tilt-up, grading, and masonry. Talk to staff to gain more insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local building codes, inspection processes and permit ordinances.
One of the most effective ways to evaluate a company's reputation is to visit its website. Look for the company's history and what credentials its team holds. Many leading companies publish educational content for potential customers.
We recommend looking into the company's Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile to determine whether it's accredited and has a positive customer review score. You can check whether other homeowners have shared satisfaction or filed complaints. Pay special attention to what customers say about company warranties. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. Instead, discover how a company handles them. If the management team consistently and proactively resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, shows more negative reviews than positive ones, and doesn't communicate effectively, you should avoid working with it.
Lastly, we recommend you search other platforms, such as Trustpilot and Google, for more opinions.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Sandy Springs
What will I pay to repair my foundation in Sandy Springs?
When would I need a foundation replacement, and when could I just get a repair?
Are there any warranties or guarantees provided with Sandy Springs foundation repair services?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Ensure your home's gutters and downspouts are properly installed and direct water away from your foundation to avoid water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation consistently, especially during dry spells, to prevent expansion and shrinking.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to slope away from your foundation, encouraging water drainage and reducing the risk of foundation issues.
- Keep an eye on your foundation for signs of damage, and fix any issues promptly.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.