Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer various services to keep your furnace working efficiently and effectively. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs help extend your furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, on top of restoring function. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and fix a number of issues, such as broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, and clogged air filters. Qualified HVAC technicians also have the expertise to tackle problems like faulty ignitions, possible gas leaks, damaged heat exchangers, and malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace repair professionals can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include jobs such as inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and ensuring that all components work correctly.
HVAC companies can help you install a new furnace if yours is past repair. An expert can also help you upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for you based on your requirements and budget. Your HVAC technician can integrate a new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts, and they should follow industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. After installation, the technician will perform one last inspection to ensure your furnace runs efficiently.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, you should schedule a thorough inspection through a furnace repair provider. A technician will examine each of the furnace's components to look for potential problems. The inspection normally includes checking for any gas or fuel leaks, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, testing the thermostat's accuracy, inspecting the burner and ignition system, and cleaning and replacing air filters. We recommend an annual inspection, during which your technician will verify your heating system's safety and efficiency and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular inspections help avoid possible breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during colder months.
Some furnace repair companies also have emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during a cold night, emergency services can get it up and running as soon as possible. Emergency services might cost more than a scheduled service, but protecting your health is worth it. If your furnace fails during extreme weather conditions, and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air, it can cause serious discomfort and health risks due to the decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Roswell Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for choosing a local Roswell furnace repair company. We go over some important factors below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Roswell furnace repair providers. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but avoid extremely low-cost options. Abnormally low prices may indicate that a company is making up the difference by compromising the quality of work or materials.
- Guarantees: Guarantees and warranties offer you peace of mind should problems come up post-repair. Trustworthy furnace repair companies should back their work with warranties or guarantees for both their workmanship and any replacement parts.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the required licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Georgia must obtain a Conditioned Air Contractor license issued by the Georgia Board of Conditioned Air Contractors. Proper licensing ensures that technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely.
- Qualifications: Look into the qualifications and experience of a furnace repair company. Ideally, technicians will have appropriate training and expertise in various furnace makes and models. Ask about ongoing training programs to ensure a company keeps up with the latest repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Online reviews and customer testimonials can give you an idea of a company's reputation and commitment to customer satisfaction. Look for overall positive reviews, and pay attention to how it addresses complaints and negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Furnace repair costs vary based on several factors. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and the price of replacement parts. The average homeowner pays around $453 for furnace repair, although your final price may vary. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $82–$412
- Cleaning: $49–$66
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,647–$2,883
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$124
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$91
- Filter change: $33–$124
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Roswell
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.