Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Roswell
A few factors can lead to foundation issues. These are the most prevalent ones for Roswell residents:
- Soil composition: Soil with large clay or sand concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Roswell receives, the soil soaks up moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction stresses nearby foundations, even if the foundations keep dry.
- Aging plumbing: While many Roswell homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Improper modifications: Landscaping or roofing work that wasn't performed to standard could result in your foundation settling.
- Standing water: Water accumulation around your home can threaten your foundation's integrity, especially when it gathers in areas your drainage system doesn't cover.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
When choosing a foundation contractor, you should consider your personal priorities. Ask each company on your list about the following qualities.
Licensing and Experience
In Georgia, foundation companies may be licensed as general or specialty contractors. If a company holds a specialty license, it can only perform jobs within its Secretary of State-assigned classifications. Classifications are task-specific, including such specialties as concrete tilt-up, grading, and masonry. Talk to representatives to gain further insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local building codes, permit ordinances and inspection processes.
Contractor websites are among the best places to do your research. Usually, a company will mention how long it's been in business. It might also share blog posts to assist prospective customers.
When you're researching a company's reputation, go to its Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile. There, you can find its rating and a list of customer reviews, both complaints and positive experiences. Remember that negative feedback doesn't necessarily mean a contractor is incompetent. BBB reviews also show how companies address complaints. A responsive team that aims to achieve positive outcomes is a good one. Steer clear of a business if you don't see effective communication about problems.
Foundation Repair Cost in Roswell
The cost of foundation repair can range quite widely based on the degree of the problems and what needs to be done to fix them. For minor foundation fissuring and settling concerns, you may pay as little as $1,900. However, if there is considerable deterioration, the normal cost will be around $3,400. More complex jobs involving digging, helical piers, or major concrete leveling could run you $7,000. This table shows the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Roswell
How much does foundation repair cost in Roswell?
When would I need a foundation replacement, and when could I just get a repair?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Make sure your home's gutters and downspouts are properly installed and direct water away from your foundation to prevent water accumulation.
- Irrigate the soil around your foundation consistently, especially during dry spells, to prevent expansion and shrinking.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to angle away from your foundation, encouraging water drainage and reducing the risk of foundation issues.
- Inspect your foundation for signs of damage, and fix any issues promptly.
Are there telltale signs I should avoid a particular foundation company?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.