Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Roswell
A few factors can lead to foundation issues. These are the most prevalent ones for Roswell residents:
- Soil composition: Soil with large clay or sand concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Roswell receives, the soil soaks up moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction stresses nearby foundations, even if the foundations keep dry.
- Standing water: Pooling water around your home can be a menace to your foundation's integrity, especially when it collects in areas your drainage system doesn't reach.
- Aging plumbing: While many Roswell homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start eroding, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Your home's stability relies on its foundation. It's essential to choose the top professionals possible. Center your research on these qualities:
Licensing and Experience
In Georgia, foundation companies may be licensed as general or specialty contractors. If a company holds a specialty license, it can only perform jobs within its Secretary of State-assigned classifications. Classifications are task-specific, including such specialties as concrete tilt-up, grading, and masonry. To further understand your contractor's experience, we recommend asking questions about how its team will draft plans and pull permits, how the company inspects foundations, and what local codes apply to your project.
Another way to gauge a company's reputation is to check its website. There, you can learn how long it's been in business and its trade accreditations. It might also share insights and knowledge through blog posts, podcasts, or videos.
Before signing a contract with a company, review its online profile with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). You can examine both complaints and positive reviews. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. You want to discover how a company handles them. If the management team proactively and consistently resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, shows more negative reviews than positive ones, and doesn't communicate properly, you should avoid working with it.
Finally, we recommend you search other platforms, like Trustpilot and Google, for other reviews.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Roswell
What will I pay to repair my foundation in Roswell?
Will foundation repair disrupt my daily routine while the work's being done?
That said, foundation repair crews use heavy equipment, and you'll occasionally experience loud noises or tremors. If either of these will disturb you, you might prefer to leave and return when the crew is finished.
Is foundation repair covered under my homeowners insurance?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Ensure your home's gutters and downspouts are properly installed and direct water away from your foundation to prevent water accumulation.
- Irrigate the soil around your foundation evenly, especially during dry spells, to prevent expansion and shrinking.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to slope away from your foundation, encouraging water drainage and reducing the risk of foundation issues.
- Keep an eye on your foundation for signs of damage, and address any issues promptly.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.