Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard providers often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repair, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Some gutter guard providers offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer "one-piece" systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which brand you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. While gutter guard providers will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one floor.
Standing water, debris, and extreme temperature changes can make gutters less effective. Ask each provider about different repair packages and policies as you get quotes. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they mounted themselves.
Most Newnan residents dislike gutter cleaning, but it's still critical to do it at least twice a year. When pine needles, leaves, shingle grit, or small particles accumulate, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a mildly sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard companies have different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, usually 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with an integrated system, it's crucial to pre-screen each company on your shortlist. Review the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will charge a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others bill independently for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and maintenance services.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different offerings and expertise levels. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company experienced with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into warranty plans that thoroughly cover your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to secure licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, contact your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, verify a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also verify a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. social media, Trustpilot, Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and Google Reviews are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $411 and $3,549 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your roof, foundation, and fascia, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter accessibility, time of year, home size, and length and width determine pricing for the project.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Newnan. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding cost per foot.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Newnan
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block any size of debris?
What are some problems I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.